This journey should help us to go beyond the myth of redemptive violence and discover the nursing of our planet to which humanity is called.
What does MORV stand for?
MORV stands for Myth of Redemptive Violence
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MORV
- Research Triangle Park Mortality Data Base
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (India)
- Mesopause Oxygen Rotational Temperature Imager
- Mortar Bombing Report
- Mobilization of Responsible Tulane Students (Tulane University)
- mortar towing/fire support variant (combat vehicle)
- Mobile Outbreak Response Unit
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial (US National Park Service)
- Middle Ohio River Valley
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet the message of the book is timely given that many Christians continue to be deceived by the myth of redemptive violence, that abuse and domestic violence remain serious issues, that veterans are returning from battlefields and that refugees who have fled violence have moved to our communities.
After reading some of my writing, he wrote to me to share that he was a living testimony against the myth of redemptive violence (the idea that violence can bring redemption or peace).
Mind you, Wink is no fan of violence either, and he devotes a lot of ink to attacking what he calls the Myth of Redemptive Violence, which he sees as a meme by which domination systems are perpetuated.
And so the myth of redemptive violence gets played out one more time.
There, he describes one of America's original sins--the myth of redemptive violence.
It is an insight desperately needed if American society is to overcome the myth of redemptive violence and reconcile itself with its past.