In the 1980s, we began looking at cardiac troponin I (cTnI) and myosin light chain as possibly more specific cardiac biomarkers.
What does MLC stand for?
MLC stands for Myosin Light Chain
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MLC
We have 362 other meanings of MLC in our Acronym Attic
- Multi-Level Coding
- Multi-Link Control
- Multi-Loop Controller
- Multicultural Leadership Council
- Multilayer Ceramic
- Multilayer Coating (chemical materials)
- Multileaf Collimator
- Multimedia Language Center (various universities)
- Multiple Logical Channel
- Myanma Language Commission (Myanmar)
- Myosin Alkali Light Chain 1
- Myosin Light Chain 2
- Myosin Light Chain 2 Slow
- Myosin Light Chain 3 (genetics)
- Magoun Landing Civic Association (West Islip, NY)
- Maintenance and Logistics Command Atlantic
- Manitouwabing Lake Community Association (McKellar, Ontario, Canada)
- Money Laundering Control Act of 1986
- Multi-Lakes Conservation Association (Commerce, MI)
- Multi-Level Computing Architecture
Samples in periodicals archive:
AME1 and AME2 showed the characteristic polypeptide bands of MHC, PM, actin, tropomyosin, and myosin light chains.
Dedicated myosin light chain kinases with diverse cellular functions.
Recent data indicated that sustained vasorelaxation induced by cAMP is independent of myosin light chain phosphorylation (2).
We've found that amphioxus has only one myosin light chain gene.
Emad's work and later reports by Katus and others showed that the myosin light chains in skeletal and cardiac muscle were actually identical and therefore not a specific marker for cardiac damage.