maltaromaticum involved in accessing iron in myoglobin was examined by evaluating the production of siderophores using a chrome azurol S (CAS) assay, and by examining the ability to bind heme, an iron compound, by growing the culture in a medium containing hematin.
What does MB stand for?
MB stands for Myoglobin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MB
We have 100 other meanings of MB in our Acronym Attic
- Multibacillary (leprosy)
- Multibanco (Portugal)
- Multistage Bayesian
- Municipal Bank PLC
- Muppet Babies (cartoon)
- MusicBrainz (open source music-database)
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Musquodoboit Batholith
- Muy Bien
- My Bad
- Myrtle Beach
- Mystery Block
- Willys-Overland 1/4-Ton 4x4 Truck (WWII Jeep)
- Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
- Modbus Plus (Modicon Communication Bus)
- Macroblock-Adaptive Frame/Field (digital television)
- Multi-Band Doherty Power Amplifier (electrical engineering)
- Multi-Band Frequency Selective Surface
- Multi-Band Impedance Inverter Network (electrical engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
] value of meat color is correlated with the concentration of myoglobin (heme pigment) in skeletal muscle (Beriain et al.
In rhabdomyolysis, precipitation of myoglobin is enhanced in an acidic environment causing renal dysfunction (1).
Prof Cossins said: "This was such an unexpected finding because myoglobin is the world's most famous protein.
Laboratory tests showed increases in (normal values are shown in parentheses) C-reactive protein (CRP) 40 mg/L (<9), creatine kinase (CK) 224 U/L (<170), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) 244 U/L (<240), and myoglobin 416 ng/mL (<90).
In addition, myoglobin is a small, bright red protein.
First, he says, they load up on it by taking advantage of the major adaptation" in some animals for epic dives, an abundance of the compound myoglobin in their tissues.