But that tender said foreign firms had to partner with state energy companies including the Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE), which has come under fire -- from opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi among others -- for lacking transparency in its dealings.
What does MOGE stand for?
MOGE stands for Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MOGE
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns (Washington, D.C.)
- Moscow Oil and Gas Company (Sibir Energy; Russia)
- Misamis Oriental General Comprehensive High School (Cagayan De Oro City, Philippines)
- Ministry of Gender and Community Services (Malawi)
- Malignant Ovarian Germ Cell Tumors
- Magical Order of the Golden Dawn
- Ministry of Gender and Development (Liberia)
- Marketing and Other General Expenses
- Ministry of Gender Equality (Korea)
- Moved or Gone Elsewhere (records)
- Ministry of Gender Equality and Family (Korea)
- Mobile Operation Godzilla Expert Robot Aero
- Ministry of Gender and Family (Maldives)
- Mixed Oxidant Gases Generated on Demand
- Metro Ottawa Girls House League (girls hockey; Canada)
- Montana Oil and Gas, Inc. (changed to Falcon Energy, Inc.; 2006)
- Marginalized Orientations, Gender Identities, and Intersex
- Management of Global Information Technology
- Mobil Oil Ghana Limited (stock symbol)
- Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (Uganda)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A total of six test wells were drilled in inland Block D by SIPC Myanmar Petroleum Co Ltd, a joint venture between state-owned Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise and Sinopec, which has been exploring oil and gas in the former Burma since 2004.
The US decision comes despite concerns raised by Nobel laureate Suu Kyi -- whose voice is highly influential in Washington -- about the state-owned Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise, or MOGE.
Officials from state-owned Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise and representatives of the consortium signed production-sharing contracts Tuesday for the exploitation in block C-1 (Indaw-Yenan region) and C-2 (Shwebo-Monywa region) in central Myanmar and in block M-2 in the Gulf of Martaban, the New Light of Myanmar newspaper reported.
Officials from Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE) and representatives of the consortium signed production-sharing contracts for the exploitation of oil and natural gas in block A-4 off western Rakhine State and block M-10 in the Gulf of Martaban on Tuesday, the New Light of Myanmar newspaper reported.