280 round ball moved out at around 650 fps for a muzzle energy of some 29 ft-lbs--not exactly a barnburner.
What does ME stand for?
ME stands for Muzzle Energy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ME
We have 50 other meanings of ME in our Acronym Attic
- Motion Estimation (part of temporal redundancy coding technique used in digital television)
- Motion Executor
- Mount Everest
- Multi Equipos (Guatemala)
- Multiple Exceptionalities (education)
- Muse Elf (gaming)
- Music Exhibitioner
- Mutant Enemy
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- Opening Information (filename extension; as in READ.ME)
- Spanish North Africa
- Middle East I (Scenario)
- Maintenance Environmental and Engineering Services
- Maintenance, Enhancements & Support (various companies)
- Manufacturing Equipment & Services
- Materials Engineering and Standardization
- Mechanical Engineering Computer Aided Design
- Multi-User Interference Equalization and Group Decoding
Samples in periodicals archive:
Barnes, lists Brenneke shotgun slugs as weighing 364 grains and hitting 1,513 foot-seconds velocity and 1,852 foot-pounds of muzzle energy in 20-gauge--compared to 491 grains, 1,593 foot-seconds and 2,756 foot-pounds in 12-gauge.
As for harder-hitting, William Moore's 19th century 2-bore drove a 3,500-grain roundball with over 17,000 foot-pounds muzzle energy, making our .
As part of ONR's electromagnetic railgun program, the stored energy, launcher and terminal area will be increased in size to accommodate a MJ muzzle energy gun by fiscal year 2009.
62x25mm is a high-velocity round and generates more muzzle energy than the .
But paintball guns are, by virtue of their muzzle energy and velocity, a lethal barrelled weapon that without proper super- vision can inflict injury and harm and that is the bottom line.
But the FCC pointed out the weapon is available in a variety of calibres from a number of manufacturers, warning against a ban by brand name and suggesting a sliding scale based on muzzle energy instead.
62 NATO Bullet Weight = 150 grains Nominal Muzzle Velocity@2700fps Muzzle Energy = 2727ft lbs Muzzle Energy at 500 yards = 1576 ft lbs 5.