He was a composer in the age of the composer--a contemporary and associate of Muzio Clementi, Viotti wrote music that has not fared as well and hardly bears comparison to that of Haydn, Mozart, or Beethoven.
What does MC stand for?
MC stands for Muzio Clementi (classical composer)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MC
We have 266 other meanings of MC in our Acronym Attic
- Multiple Choice
- Multiple Cycle
- Multiple Cyclone
- Multipoint Controller (Cisco)
- Municipal Consent (permission to begin proposed construction)
- Munitions Constituent (residual hazard)
- Music Channel (websites)
- Music Cue (theatre; point where music is to be inserted)
- Mutualité Chrétienne
- Mylar City (cartoons and stories)
- Myotonia Congenita
- Myst Community
- Mystery Credit (blogging)
- Maintenance Control & Analysis
- Material Control and Accounting
- Material(s) Control and Accountability
- Mason City and Clear Lake Railroad (Iowa)
- Military Community and Family Policy (US Secretary of Defense)
- Missouri Flat Master Circulation and Funding Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
He is a Chopin specialist and a noted champion of the works of neglected composers such as Muzio Clementi, Jan V[sz]clav VorUek, and Nikolai Medtner - as well as overlooked works of composers such as Scarlatti, Mozart, Schubert and Schumann.
The arrival in the city of two renowned composer-pianists, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Muzio Clementi, prompted Emperor Joseph II to stage such a contest for his aristocratic friends.
Byline: By RHODRI CLARK Western Mail If you ever had piano lessons as a child, or even as an adult, the chances are you will have played at least one of the 12 Sonatinas by Muzio Clementi.
Obscurity long since claimed musicians Johann Peter Salomon, Muzio Clementi, John Cramer, Charles Neate, George Bridgetower; harp-maker Johann Stumpff; curator and publisher George Thomson; Berlin scholar Samuel Spicker; 'celebrated harper' and antiquary Edward Jones, and ex-stonemason, poet and laudanum addict Iolo Morgannwg (Edward Williams).
From there he has moved on to widen his field and in a recent recording (CDA 66808 000) he played four sonatas by Muzio Clementi (1752-1832): D Major, F sharp Minor, B Flat Major and B Minor.