Influenced by the barrier breaking electric music of Miles Davis and like minded players from fusionists Weather Report and Buddy Miles to soul survivors Junior Walker and Booker T and the MG's, Blessett's songs are inspired by the myriad sights he's seen throughout his world travels.
What does MOMD stand for?
MOMD stands for Music of Miles Davis (songbook)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MOMD
We have 7 other meanings of MOMD in our Acronym Attic
- Mothers of Multiples Club (various locations)
- Myeloid Origin Mononuclear Cell (biology)
- Man-On-the-Move Communications System (US)
- Man of My Dreams
- Master of My Domain
- Material Ordering & Management Document
- Microscopic Order Macroscopic Disorder (spectroscopy)
- Moderate Mental Disabilities
- Module outside the Main Discipline (education; UK)
- Movies of Mass Destruction (event)
- Management of Major Emergencies
- Ministry of Manpower & Emigration (Egypt)
- Ministry of Mines and Energy (Ghana)
- Multicenter trial of the Orqis Medical CRS for the Enhanced Treatment of CHF Unresponsive to Medical Therapy
- Multimedia Open Environment Using the European Home Network for Building Management
- Military Observer Mission to Ecuador and Peru
- Maastricht Otitis Media with Effusion Study
- Ministry of Mines, Environment and Tourism (Zimbabwe)
- Ministry of Marine Fisheries (Morocco)
- Multi-Object Multi-Frame (photometry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE music of Miles Davis will guarantee a great atmosphere at Gateshead Old Town Hall tonight.
The band is dedicated to the music of Miles Davis, and in particular to performing the classic album Kind of Blue, released in 1959 and the top selling jazz album of all time.
The Last Miles: The Music of Miles Davis, 1980-1991.
0879308281 Running the voodoo down; the electric music of Miles Davis.
13 The Music of Miles Davis Davis devotees Eddie Henderson and Gery Bartz join Jimmy Cobb, the last surviving member of the legendary Davis sextet, in tribute to the classic Miles moments.
I would never have thought that Terje Rypdal, of all musician I could think of, would put together an amazing tribute to the music of Miles Davis, but he has done just that.
Whether you find sustenance in the Eucharist or your family's gobs-of-pasta Sunday dinner, whether you get wrapped up in your garden or the music of Miles Davis, honoring the Sabbath is an essential anchor to living a spiritual life ON SUNDAY MORNING THE UNDERSIGNED groans awake, pads out to the hallway, and summons his twin sons from their slumbers, ungently.