Jaw Weitz offers a concise chronicle of the Music OCLC Users Group, the organization arguably most closely tied to Papakhian's career and legacy.
What does MOUG stand for?
MOUG stands for Music OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) Users Group
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MOUG
We have 2 other meanings of MOUG in our Acronym Attic
- Minutes of Use (telephony)
- Mobile Offshore Unit (oil drilling)
- Mountain Village, Alaska (Airport Code)
- Memorandum of Understanding Management Group (UN)
- Ministry of University Affairs (Thailand)
- Method of Undetermined Coefficients
- Ministry of Urban Development (India)
- Micro-Orifice Uniform Deposit Impactor (MSP Corporation)
- Ministry of Urban Employment and Poverty Alleviation (India)
- Microsoft Office Users Group (Facebook group)
- International Memorandum of Understanding
- Masters of Unorthodox Jazz (jazz ensemble)
- Metropolitan Orlando Urban League
- Myst Online: URU Live
- Memorandum of Understanding Management Group (International Organization for Standardization; electronic business)
- Mountain (street suffix)
- Martinist Order of Unknown Philosophers
- Mountain Quail (bird species)
- Minnesota Ornithologists' Union Records Committee (est. 1974)
- Manual on Usage & Style
Samples in periodicals archive:
The executive board of the Music OCLC Users Group (MOUG) is honored to name Alice LaSota of University of Maryland-College Park (UMCP) as the ninth recipient of MOUG's Distinguished Service Award.
Ralph served as vice-chair and chair of the Music OCLC Users Group (MOUG), and was the driving force behind the NACO Music Project, a cooperative effort to manage and build a database of authorized headings for music names and uniform titles.
The executive board of the Music OCLC Users Group (MOUG) is honored to name Bettie Jean Harden as the sixth recipient of MOUG's Distinguished Service Award.
Ralph Papakhian and Sue Ellen Stancu are the joint recipients of the Music OCLC Users Group's (MOUG) Distinguished Service Award.
For other announcements about OCLC online collections and database interconnectivity, refer to the Music OCLC Users Group Newsletter or OCLC announcements at http://www.
Evaluations and recommendations regarding the FirstSearch interface have also been produced since 2000 by the Music OCLC Users Group Reference Products Committee (the most recent iteration of these recommendations is available at http://www.
The Executive Board of the Music OCLC Users Group (MOUG) is honored to name Judy A.