Osten's fledgling nonprofit museum is not far from the 125-year-old Detroit Institute of Arts and about the same distance from the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit, which opened in a gutted former Dodge dealership in 2007.
What does MOCAD stand for?
MOCAD stands for Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (Detroit, MI)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Montezuma Castle National Monument (US National Park Service)
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test (impairment screening method)
- Movement for Cultural Awareness (Nigeria)
- Multimedia Over Cable Alliance
- Multimedia over Coax
- Museum of Chinese in the Americas
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Music Online Competition Act
- Men of Color Against AIDS
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Belgrade (Serbia)
- Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art (Brooklyn, NY)
- Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage (various locations)
- Museum of Cultural Arts Houston (Texas)
- Mid-Ohio Christian Athletic League (Columbus, OH)
- Models of Care for Alcohol Misusers
- Medical On-Call Availability Program (Canada)
- Missouri Civil Air Patrol
- Motion Capture
- Missouri Council for American Private Education (St. Louis, MO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Melamid's paintings were recently exhibited at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit in an exhibit called Holy Hip-Hop, and he continues to churn them out, along with two concurrent series of portraits, one of various Vatican figures, and a new set of Russian oligarchs and oil barons.