It is perhaps unfair to compare a downtown museum of contemporary art with the dry alkaline lake bed in Nevada that annually provides home to a hedonistic freak festival, but the freak festival in question has also established probably the most creatively sustained counterhegemonic site for mass public art production and consumption in the developed world.
What does MCA stand for?
MCA stands for Museum of Contemporary Art
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MCA
We have 623 other meanings of MCA in our Acronym Attic
- Multi-Channel Architecture (Eontec)
- Multichannel Analyzer
- Multifunction Communication Aperture
- Multiple Call Arrangement
- Multiple Classification Analysis
- Multiple Clip Applier (medical device)
- Multiple Congenital Anomalies
- Multiple Correspondence Analysis
- Multiple Crown CC Watermark (philately)
- Mumbai Cricket Association (India)
- Music Corporation of America
- Music Council of Australia
- Muslim Community Association
- Mustang Club of America
- Mutual Confidentiality Agreement
- Matrix Controller Automatic-5
- Media Communications Association-International (producers of video, film, multimedia and web content)
- Military Chaplains Association of the United States of America
- Middle Cerebral Artery and Common Carotid Artery
- Middle Cerebral Artery and Common Carotid Artery Occlusion
Samples in periodicals archive:
The board of trustees of the New Museum of Contemporary Art hosted a groundbreaking ceremony on October 11 to launch construction of its much-anticipated new building on the Bowery.
The exhibition tour, first at Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, then at the New Orleans Museum of Art, made its finally stop at the Studio Museum in Harlem (April 23-June 29 2003)