Museum of Chinese in the Americas (1980) [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] The Museum of Chinese in the Americas (MoCA) is the first full-time, professionally staffed museum dedicated to reclaiming, preserving, and interpreting the history and culture of the Chinese and their descendants in the Western Hemisphere.
What does MoCA stand for?
MoCA stands for Museum of Chinese in the Americas
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MoCA
We have 60 other meanings of MoCA in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry of Civil Aviation (India)
- Minneapolis Off-Road Cycling Advocates
- Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance
- Mitigation of Obsolescence Cost Analysis
- Mobile Classroom Application (tablet software)
- Montezuma Castle National Monument (US National Park Service)
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test (impairment screening method)
- Movement for Cultural Awareness (Nigeria)
- Multimedia Over Cable Alliance
- Multimedia over Coax
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Music Online Competition Act
- Men of Color Against AIDS
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Belgrade (Serbia)
- Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit (Detroit, MI)
- Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art (Brooklyn, NY)
- Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage (various locations)
- Museum of Cultural Arts Houston (Texas)
- Mid-Ohio Christian Athletic League (Columbus, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
METHODOLOGIES The museums chosen for this study were the Chinese Historical Society of America (CHSA) in San Francisco, the Museum of Chinese in the Americas (MoCA) in New York City, and the Chinese American Museum (CAM) in Los Angeles.