Washington, February 5 ( ANI ): A study found that eating a 6-ounce serving of 85 percent lean ground beef resulted in significant improvements in the rate of muscle protein synthesis following exercise in middle-aged men.
What does MPS stand for?
MPS stands for Muscle Protein Synthesis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPS
We have 710 other meanings of MPS in our Acronym Attic
- Multi-Phase System
- Multi-Processor Specification
- Multicultural Programs and Services (various locations)
- Multiple Parallel Synthesis
- Multiple Personality Syndrome
- Multiple Power Source
- Multiple Protective Structure
- Multipurpose Ship
- Municipal Police Service (various locations)
- Murata Power Solutions (electronics; various locations)
- Musicians Placement Service
- My Profile Space
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan
- Myocardial Perfusion Study (cardiology)
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Patriotic Salvation Movement (Chad)
- Mission Planning System III
- Multiple Parameter Set Monte Carlo
- Modified Partial Streamlined - Pushrod Blown Gas (motorcycle racing engine class)
- Management Protocol Specific-Transmission Convergence
Samples in periodicals archive:
The drink, which comes in strawberry and chocolate flavours, also contains essential amino acids such as leucine, which is responsible for muscle protein synthesis, and triggers muscle fibre growth.
Available to order now, this high protein ready to drink offering gives support for high intensity resistance exercise and assists in the building of muscle mass and strength through muscle protein synthesis.
Protein deposition and muscle quality Prof Alex Corzo (Mississippi State University, USA) investigated the amino acid regulation of breast muscle protein synthesis.
This has dire consequences, since muscle contraction is a major stimulus for muscle protein synthesis.
CONTROLLING CATABOLISM Muscle Protein Balance = Protein Synthesis (building)-Protein Breakdown Muscle protein synthesis (building) is increased in the recovery period following resistance exercise.