[FIGURE 3 OMITTED] [FIGURE 4 OMITTED] An important role of parasympathetic cholinergic neurons and postsynaptic muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in the contraction of gastric smooth muscle has been provided in functional studies (Makhlouf and Murthy, 2006).
What does mAChR stand for?
mAChR stands for Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Community Health Centers
- Maricopa Association of Chicanos in Higher Education (Arizona)
- Maryland Association of Christian Home Educators (Clarksburg, MD; est. 1989)
- Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (Minneapolis, MN)
- Mouse Acetylcholinesterase
- Michigan Association of Consumer Health Information Specialists
- Massive Astronomical Compact Halo Object
- Massive Compact Halo Object (astronomy)
- Mayo Clinic Health Oasis
- Markov Clusters of Homologous Subsequences
- Manitoba Association of Christian Home Schools (Canada)
- Maritime Academy Charter High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- Mercer Arts Charter High School (Trenton, NJ)
- Mid-America Collegiate Horticulture Society (educational group)
- Mid-Atlantic Consortium for Human Services
- Monroe Area Comprehensive High School (Monroe, GA)
- Management Agent Configuration Item
- Maori Arts and Crafts Institute (New Zealand)
- Michigan Automotive Compressor, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Muscarinic acetylcholine receptor subtypes in cerebral cortex and hippocampus.
[FIGURE 5 OMITTED] [FIGURE 6 OMITTED] The present study further investigated the potential involvement of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors.
Environmental Protection Agency (Research Triangle Park, NC, USA); imechine (Latoxan, Valence, France), a hydrophilic antagonist of neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChR), and the noncompetitive antagonist QX-222 (Astra Pharmaceuticals, Westborough, MA, USA) (both at 20 mM in distilled water); atropine sulfate (RBI, Natick, MA, USA), a muscarinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist (40 mM in distilled water); 1-(5-isoquinolinesulfonyl)-2-methylpiperazine (H-7), an inhibitor of protein kinase (PK) C, and N-(2-guanidinoethyl)-5-isoquinolinesulfonamide (HA-1004), an inhibitor of PKA (both from RBI, and each at 20 mM in distilled water).
Reconstitution of the muscarinic acetylcholine receptor.