Murder by Death plays dark, moody Southern Gothic-styled rock, recalling Nick Cave and/or Tom Waits while invoking a Ziggy Stardust sensibility that blends the celebratory and mournful without sounding contrived at either extreme.
What does MBD stand for?
MBD stands for Murder by Death (band)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MBD
We have 136 other meanings of MBD in our Acronym Attic
- Model Based Definition (Computer Aided Design)
- Model-Based Design (mathematics)
- Molecular Beam Deposition
- Montana Bird Distribution (database)
- Months Before Delivery
- Mordechai Ben David (singer)
- Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd. (UK)
- Mortgage Banking Division
- Motherboard (computer)
- Multichannel Blind Deconvolution (mathematical engineering)
- Music Book Deluxe (karaoke software)
- My Brightest Diamond (band)
- Mysterious Black Dude (Metroid; gaming)
- Magnolia Ballroom Dancers' Association
- Mandela Bay Development Agency (Port Elizabeth, South Africa)
- Matra BAE Dynamics Alenia
- Michigan Broadband Development Authority
- Minnesota Band Directors Association
- Minority Business Development Agency (US Department of Commerce)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Murder by Death that was written by Neil Simon pokes fun at the iconic protagonists of the detective writings of Dashiell Hammett, Agatha Christie and Earl Derr Biggers by portraying them as conceited, inconsiderate and lucky especially when it comes to solving crimes.
Aristide continues to enjoy the support of the great majority of Haitians, and his supporters are again subject to organized murder by death squads.
Murder by Death was one of my favorite movies ever.