They fear agents are passing on details of munitions dumps and the locations of key leaders.
What does MD stand for?
MD stands for Munitions Dump
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MD
We have 294 other meanings of MD in our Acronym Attic
- Mucosal Disease (bovine viral disease)
- Mudug (postal region, Somalia)
- Multi-Center Double-Blind (clinical study)
- Multi-Destination (Sprint)
- Multiple Data
- Multiple Description
- Multiple Disabilities
- Multivariate Distribution
- Municipal Docks Railway (of the Jacksonville Port Authority)
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Music Department
- Music Director
- Musical Director
- Muy Deficiente (Spanish educational grade/mark)
- Multi-Dimensional Fast Fourier Transform
- Monosynaptic Discharge of the Ventral Roots
- Management's Discussion and Analysis of Results of Operations and Financial Condition
- Mergers, Dispositions & Acquisitions
- Medical Device & Diagnostic Industry (magazine; a Canon Communications LLC publication)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Renewed concerns over safety to civilians were raised in the wake of the Mari disaster in July, when 13 people were killed after the detonation of a massive munitions dump there.
reports another incident in which two fighters were killed and 18 wounded when a rocket in a munitions dump fired accidentally, possibly due to rain, and slammed into their room.
Summary: Cyprus launched a criminal investigation Tuesday into the cause of a massive blast at a munitions dump which killed 12 people and destroyed the island's largest power station.
In the biggest peacetime explosion ever to be witnessed in Cyprus, 12 people were killed and 62 injured after munitions dump exploded on Monday, influential Beirut daily AN NAHAR reported on Tuesday.
Byline: Janice Burns A HUGE blast that tore through a munitions dump left 12 people dead at a naval base in Cyprus yesterday.
12 dead, 62 injured in blast * EAC appeals to cut down consumption * The defence minister of Cyprus and the army chief resigned Monday after a munitions dump blast killed 12 people at dawn and knocked out the island's largest power station, causing widespread power cuts.
17, 2011 (TAP) - At least 32 people have been killed in multiple explosions after an accident at a munitions dump in Tanzania's commercial capital, Dar es Salaam, officials say.