In statistics, a copula is used as a general way of formulating a multivariate distribution in such a way that various general types of dependencies can be represented.
What does MD stand for?
MD stands for Multivariate Distribution
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MD
We have 294 other meanings of MD in our Acronym Attic
- Mouth Dissoving (medical tablet)
- Movement Directive
- Mucosal Disease (bovine viral disease)
- Mudug (postal region, Somalia)
- Multi-Center Double-Blind (clinical study)
- Multi-Destination (Sprint)
- Multiple Data
- Multiple Description
- Multiple Disabilities
- Municipal Docks Railway (of the Jacksonville Port Authority)
- Munitions Dump
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Music Department
- Music Director
- Musical Director
- Muy Deficiente (Spanish educational grade/mark)
- Multi-Dimensional Fast Fourier Transform
- Monosynaptic Discharge of the Ventral Roots
- Management's Discussion and Analysis of Results of Operations and Financial Condition
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a recent publication, Kluppelberg and Resnick (2009) end with, "Religious Copularians have unshakable faith in the value of transforming a multivariate distribution to its copula.
He covers stream of variation (SoV) modeling by reviewing matrix theory and multivariate statistics, including multivariate distribution and properties and statistical inferences on mean vectors and linear models, describing variation propagation modeling with applications in assembling and machining processes, including model validation and a factor analysis method for variability modeling, diagnosing the source of variation, including diagnosis through variation pattern matching and estimation, using design methods to reduce variability, including optimized fixture layout design and process-oriented tolerance synthesis, and building in quality and reliability.