The new Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard applies to passenger cars, trucks, multipurpose passenger vehicles, and buses with gross vehicle weight ratings of 10,000 pounds or less, except those vehicles with dual wheels on an axle.
What does MPV stand for?
MPV stands for Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MPV
We have 76 other meanings of MPV in our Acronym Attic
- Minimum Price Variation (smallest increment of a stock price)
- Ministria e Pushtetit Vendor (Albanian: Ministry of Local Government)
- MIPCC Powered Vehicle (DARPA)
- Mobile Packaging Van (LANL)
- Mobile Performance Venue (architecture design)
- Mouse Parvovirus
- Movement for Principals and Values (Guatemala)
- Multi-Peptide Vaccine
- Multi-Port Ventilator
- Multi-Purpose Vehicle
- Music Photo Video
- Muslims for Progressive Values (Los Angeles, CA)
- Religious Teachers Venerini (religious order)
- Maintain a Position VFR and Advise
- Michigan Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Midwest Professional Volleyball Association (Muskegon, MI)
- Ministry of Patriots and Veterans Affairs (South Korea)
- Mornington Peninsula Vignerons Association (Victoria, Australia)
- Madhya Pradesh Vikas Congress (India)
- Mathematical Program with Vanishing Constraints
Samples in periodicals archive:
Later, NHTSA considered expanding the standard's coverage to multipurpose passenger vehicles, trucks, buses, and motorcycles, and revising the requirements to include lateral and rear-end longitudinal collision tests, prevention of fuel spillage in rollovers, puncture-resistant fuel tanks, and protection of fuel lines and fittings.