2) They reported on 17 resurfacing arthroplasties performed in patients with femoral deformities caused by trauma, renal osteodystrophy, proximal femoral focal deficiency, multiple epiphyseal dysplasia, and retained hardware.
What does MED stand for?
MED stands for Multiple Epiphyseal Dysplasia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MED
We have 157 other meanings of MED in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile and Embedded Devices (Microsoft)
- Mobile Emergency Department
- Mobile Energy Depot
- Molecular Electronic Device
- Momentum Exchange Device
- Mu Epsilon Delta (student organization)
- Multi Effect Distillation (desalination units)
- Multi-Expansion Descriptor (Cisco)
- Multicultural Education Department (various locations)
- Multiple Element Damage
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pseudoachondroplasia appears to develop secondarily to a mutation within the genes encoding for cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) on chromosome 19 and is most closely related to multiple epiphyseal dysplasia (MED/EDM1), a disorder also characterized by a mutation of the COMP.
All of these featu res were consistent with a very narrow range of differential diagnoses, of which SED congenita was the most likely, followed by multiple epiphyseal dysplasia and type IV mucopolysaccharidosis (Morquio's syndrome).