An international team of doctors recently reported successes in using ketones to treat three children with the rare genetic disease known as multiple acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency, or MADD.
What does MADD stand for?
MADD stands for Multiple Acyl-Coa Dehydrogenase Deficiency
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MADD
We have 25 other meanings of MADD in our Acronym Attic
- Maryborough and District Committee on the Ageing (Australia)
- Marine Air Defense Communication Platform
- Michigan Association of Drug Court Professionals
- Middle Atlantic Discovery Chemistry Project
- Mortuary Affairs Decontamination Collection Point (US Army)
- Mid-America Dwarf Car Racing Association (Iowa)
- Make A Difference Day
- Mathematicians Against Drunk Deriving :-)
- Mothers Against Deadbeat Dads
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Multiple-Antenna Differential Decoding
- Musicians of Antrim District Development (Antrim, Northern Ireland)
- Musicians, Artists, and DJs with Diverse Vybez (Florida)
- Medicare Approved Drug Discount Cards
- Maemo Application Development and Debugging Environment (open source software)
- Mississippi Afrocentrik Dance and Drum Ensemble
- Metropolitan Atlanta Developmental Disabilities Study (Georgia)
- Metropolitan Atlanta Developmental Disabilities Surveillance Program (metropolitan Atlanta, GA area)
- Mothers Association Against Drugs Drinking for Young (Missouri)
- Making a Difference Everywhere (Bridgewater, NJ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Muscle cytochrome c oxidase deficiency accompanied by a urinary organic acid pattern mimicking multiple acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency.
Four patients with multiple acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency (MADD) were studied.