Drawing on his experience as designer or co-designer of three operating systems, the author begins by covering basic concepts of operating systems, then progresses through material on memory management, file systems, multimedia operating systems, security, and operating system design.
What does MOS stand for?
MOS stands for Multimedia Operating System (First Virtual Corporation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MOS
We have 280 other meanings of MOS in our Acronym Attic
- Motion Omit Sound (TV term for silent film or tape)
- Motor Operated Switch
- Motorways of the Sea (EU)
- Mountain Ocean Sea (Japanese burger chain)
- Movable Oil Saturation
- Mu Online Server
- Multi-Beam Optical Sensor
- Multi-Object Spectrograph
- Multi-Object Spectrometer
- Multifunctional Operator System
- Multiplex Out of Sync (Hekimian)
- Museum of Science (Boston, MA)
- Mute on Sound
- My Oracle Support (software)
- My Own Science (education program)
- Military Order of Stars and Bars (Daphne, AL; descendants of commissioned officers and officials of the confederate government)
- Marine Observation Satellite
- Metal-Oxide Semiconductor Capacitor
- Mean Opinion Score-Conversational Quality (network analysis)
- Military Occupational Specialty-Enlisted
Samples in periodicals archive:
One reason for this is that multimedia operating systems focus on human-machine interfaces that make them fundamentally different than the machine-machine communication used elsewhere in the vehicle.