They look first at the features and semantics of multimedia data and its use in multimedia information retrieval.
What does MIR stand for?
MIR stands for Multimedia Information Retrieval
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIR
We have 180 other meanings of MIR in our Acronym Attic
- Modern Institute of Reflexology Inc
- Molecular Impulse Response
- Mom In Room (internet chat)
- Monastir, Tunisia - Skanes (Airport Code)
- Monument Information Resource
- More Information Required
- Mortgage Interest Rate (housing market)
- Most Important Requirement (systems engineering)
- Movimiento de la Izquierda Revolucionaria (Spanish: Movement of the Revolutionary Left; Bolivia)
- Multicast Interactive Radio
- Multiple Instructor Requirement
- Multiple Isomorphous Replacement (X-ray crystallography)
- Music Data Bases
- Music Information Retrieval
- Musical Instrument Repair
- Mygrid Information Repository
- Movimiento de Izquierda Revolucionaria-El Militante (Spanish: Movement of the Revolutionary Left-Militant; Peru)
- Multiple Inversion Recovery Turbo Spin Echo (radiology)
- Maldives Inland Revenue Authority (est. 2010)
- Margin Infused Relaxed Algorithm (computer science)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TOPICS Multimedia information retrieval is at a crossroads.
His research interests include multimedia databases, database optimization for uncertainty support, and content-based multimedia information retrieval.
Finding useful information from the WWW without encountering numerous false positives (the current case) poses a challenge to multimedia information retrieval systems (MMIR).