Once the dust settles, China, India, Brazil, South Korea, and a handful of other "emerging" nations will be able to exercise greater influence over the way that multilateral economic institutions are run, and will be in a better position to push for reforms that reflect their interests.
What does MEI stand for?
MEI stands for Multilateral Economic Institutions
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MEI
We have 220 other meanings of MEI in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure (Ontario, Canada)
- Ministry of European Integration (various locations)
- Missile ECM Improvement
- Molecular Electronic Transducer
- Monthly Economic Indicators
- Montreal Economic Institute (Canada)
- Mosaica Education, Inc. (alternative education)
- Most Exposed Individual (risk assessment)
- Mountain Enterprises and Infrastructure
- Multi Engine Instructor
- Multiple Extension In Use
- Multiple Extension Internetworking
- Multivariate ENSO Indicator
- Municipal and Environmental Infrastructure (EU)
- Muniz Engineering Inc. (multiple locations)
- Mysore Electrical Industries
- Manitoba Environmental Industries Association (Canada)
- Microparticle Capture Enzyme Immunoassay
- Microparticle Enzyme Immunoassay
- Ministry of Employment and Income Assistance (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In making this argument, he surveys developments in Europe, East Asia, and the developing world and concludes with recommendations on "policies to foster healthy growth at home, cope with the anxieties of global competition, lower trade and investment barriers, maintain and reinforce the multilateral economic institutions, and draw poor countries on to a path toward successful economic development.