The assessment is usually done with echocardiography or multigated acquisition scanning.
What does MUGA stand for?
MUGA stands for Multigated Acquisition (medical exam used to calculate the left ventricular ejection fraction)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MUGA
We have 2 other meanings of MUGA in our Acronym Attic
- Microcomputer User's Group
- Microsoft User Group (various locations)
- Midshipman Under Guidance
- Minimum Usage Guarantee (voice and data plans)
- Mobiele Urgentiegroep (Mobile Urgence Group; special ambulance team)
- Motorcycle User Group (various locations)
- Multi-User Game
- Multi-User Group
- Manipulation Under General Anesthesia
- Multi Use Games Area (UK sports)
- Multigated Radionuclide Angiography (cardiology)
- Multiple Uptake Gated Acquisition (medical scan)
- Municipal Urban Growth Area (Washington)
- Mülheimer Gartenschau (Fair, Germany)
- Marshall University Graduate College (South Charleston, WV)
- Mitsubishi UFJ (United Financial of Japan) Global Custody
- Monetization of User Generated Content
- MUMPS User Group Deutschland (Germany)
- Microsoft User Group Hyderabad (India)
- Microsoft User Group Indonesia
Samples in periodicals archive:
Due to the potential of cardiac and pulmonary toxicity from the high-dose chemotherapy, my cardiopulmonary function was determined before the transplant using a multigated acquisition scan and pulmonary function studies.