And Cinyere Osuji analyzes the Multiethnic Immigrant Workers Organizing Network, which led the annual May 1 immigrant rights marches that culminated in the turnout of 600,000 demonstrators in 2006.
What does MIWON stand for?
MIWON stands for Multiethnic Immigrant Workers Organizing Network (Los Angeles, CA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Multinational Interoperability Working Group
- Museum of Isle of Wight Geology (UK)
- Modular Individual Water Heater (military product)
- Mine Warfare Improvement Program
- Michigan World Language Association
- Malta Institute of Wastes Management
- Member of the Institute of Wastes Managementn (UK)
- Missouri Irrigation and Water Management Association
- Mother I would Not Like to Find (polite form)
- Magyar Idegenforgalmi Web Oldal (Hungarian: Online Hunagarian Hotel Guide)
- Madeline Island Wilderness Preserve (La Pointe, WI)
- Magnetic Island Water Recycling (wastewater treatment; Australia)
- Ministry of Irrigation and Water Resources (Sudan)
- Ministry of Irrigation, Water Resources and Environment
- Mine Warfare Readiness Group
- Magnetically Induced Wigner Solid (crystal type)
- Making It Work Together (Scotland, UK)
- Management Information Exchange
- Manipulated, Independent, X Axis (graphing variables)
- Mediation of Information using XML
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sponsored by the Multiethnic Immigrant Workers Organizing Network, the event called for a stop to immigrant bashing, detention and deportation, and amnesty for illegal immigrant workers.