The most commonly diagnosed CAKUT include a multicystic dysplastic kidney (MCDK), vesicoureteric reflux (VUR) and obstructive uropathy due to posterior urethral valves (PUV) or pelvoureteric junction obstruction (PUJO).
What does MCDK stand for?
MCDK stands for Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney (medical condition)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCDK
- Medical Care Development International (Silver Spring, MD)
- Midwest Clean Diesel Initiative
- Millennium Compact Disc Industries (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Motion-Compensated De-Interlacing
- Metrics and Controls for Defense in Depth (US Defense Logistics Agency security accreditation methodology)
- Massachusetts Chronic Disease Improvement Network
- Marine Corps Drill Instructor Ribbon (military decoration)
- Meigs County Department of Job and Family Services (Ohio)
- Montgomery County Department of Job and Family Services (Ohio)
- Motor Control Development Kit
- Machine Code Detection Location
- Marine Corps Distance Learning
- Master Controlled Documents List
- Medina County District Library (Medina, OH)
- Monroe College Distance Learning (Monroe College; Bronx and New Rochelle, NY)
- Multi-Channel Data Link
- McDonald's Lettuce & Tomato (sandwich)
- Marina Cala dei Medici (Italian port)
- Master of Communication in Digital Media (University of Washington)
- Master of Crisis and Disaster Management (Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2] determined the classical visualisation findings of multicystic dysplastic kidney and crossed renal ectopy necessary for the diagnosis: (1) a multicystic mass of variable size that is contiguous with the lower pole of a hydronephrotic, malrotated kidney; (2) ureteral displacement and/or dilatation; and (3) contralateral absence of the kidney and its renal artery.
The pathogenesis of multicystic dysplastic kidney disease: insights from the study of fetal kidneys.
Malformations associated with valproic acid include heart defects, spina bifida, multicystic dysplastic kidney, postaxial polydactyly type B, inguinal hernia, and penile hypospadias.
Children with a unilateral multicystic dysplastic kidney do not need follow-up after infancy.
Wilms tumour and multicystic dysplastic kidney disease.
Dysplastic kidneys are often cystic and represent an important differential diagnosis of GCK, known as multicystic dysplastic kidney (MCDK).