The Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO), one of the Al-Qaeda-linked groups, had been in control of northern Mali for 10 months following a military coup in March 2012.
What does MOJWA stand for?
MOJWA stands for Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Miscarriages of Justice Organisation (UK)
- Mother Jones (magazine)
- Movie Journal (website)
- Municipal Order and Justice Office
- Museum of Justice and Oddities
- Mystic Order of the Jazz Obsessed (Mobile, AL)
- Missouri Job Opportunities in Education (job fair)
- Managed On-The-Job-Training
- Museum of Jurassic Technology
- Miscarriages of Justice United Kingdom
- M-ary Orthogonal Keying
- Machine Owner Key (Linux)
- Magyar Orvosi Kamara (Hungarian medical organization)
- Medjunarodnog Olimpijskog Komiteta (Serbian: International Olympic Committee)
- Mestna Obcina Koper (Slovenian: Municipality of Koper City; Koper, Slovenia)
- Miejski Osrodek Kultury (Polish: Municipal Cultural Center)
- Mobile Office Kit (cellular telephony)
- Mull of Kintyre (region; UK)
- Methodology of Knowledge Acquisition
- Movie Keyword Analyzer (database)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At least 50 MUJAO Islamists have been killed since the day before yesterday (Friday)," he added, referring to rebels from the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa.
The Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO), one of the Islamist groups that had occupied the north before being pushed out by the French intervention launched on January 11, claimed the first attack, and had threatened earlier Saturday that there would be more.
A March coup in Bamako plunged the once stable democracy into a crisis which has seen over half its territory seized by the hardliners, including Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) and its offshoot the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO).
It was claimed by the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO), an offshoot of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
A file picture taken on July 16, 2012 shows fighters of the Islamist group Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO) sitting in the courtyard of the Islamist police station in Gao.