The tenth anniversary edition features a new introduction by Mohamed Ellozy, accidents editor of the mountaineering journal Appalachia and a new afterword by Howe describing an evening spent at the Mount Washington Observatory in November 1950 during a severe windstorm.
What does MWO stand for?
MWO stands for Mount Washington Observatory (New Hampshire)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MWO
We have 27 other meanings of MWO in our Acronym Attic
- Meteorological Watch Office (aviation)
- Microwave Office (Software simulation; AWR Corporation)
- Microwave Oven
- Militaire Willems Orde
- Military Welfare Office
- Minimum Work Obligation
- Miss World
- Missile Warning Officer
- Modification Work Order
- Moshing World Order (music promotional service in Toledo, Ohio)
- Movement Warning Order (US DoD)
- Multi Wave Oscillator
- Multiple Weighted Objective
- Mystic World Online (gaming)
- Maximal Work Output During 10 Seconds
- Men and Women of Action (various locations)
- Migraine Without Aura
- Mount Wilson Observatory Association
- Mount Wilson Observatory Annual Report
- Minority Women Owned Business Enterprise
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the peer-reviewed papers, researchers from the Appalachian Mountain Club, the Mount Washington Observatory and the University of New Hampshire report that, based on temperature and snow records from the 1930s to 2006, evidence of climate change on the Northeast's highest peak declines as elevation rises.
Zakon Group is also continuing its support of the Mount Washington Observatory by developing and hosting the nonprofit organization's heavily-trafficked public and Intranet Web sites.