The Shoots scheme would also be welcomed by the ports of Cardiff, Newport and Avonmouth as it lies up-river from the freight routes, cruise operations and the proposed EU motorways of the sea linking the Atlantic seaboard, North Sea and the Mediterranean.
What does MoS stand for?
MoS stands for Motorways of the Sea (EU)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MoS
We have 281 other meanings of MoS in our Acronym Attic
- Moment of Silence
- Monitor Only Stations
- Monthly Oil and Gas Statistics (database)
- Monthly Operational Summary
- Morph Operating System
- Mother of Our Savior (Detroit, MI grade school, now defunct)
- Mother of Sorrows (New York Catholic school)
- Motion Omit Sound (TV term for silent film or tape)
- Motor Operated Switch
- Mountain Ocean Sea (Japanese burger chain)
- Movable Oil Saturation
- Mu Online Server
- Multi-Beam Optical Sensor
- Multi-Object Spectrograph
- Multi-Object Spectrometer
- Multifunctional Operator System
- Multimedia Operating System (First Virtual Corporation)
- Multiplex Out of Sync (Hekimian)
- Museum of Science (Boston, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The concept of Motorways of the Sea and Short Sea Shipping is also an important development initiative, which can bring the same positive impacts on the greener transport services.
The EU seeks to reinforce the sector within the EFTA States by ensuring the appropriate development of important initiatives such as the Maritime Space without Barriers, the Motorways of the Sea or the forthcoming Strategy for Maritime Transport.
Marco Polo II contains two new types of action--the motorways of the seas and traffic avoidance measures--which were not included in the first Marco Polo programme.