The Orient/East-Med Corridor connects the maritime interfaces of the North, Baltic, Black and Mediterranean Seas, allowing optimising the use of the ports concerned and the related Motorways of the Sea.
What does MoS stand for?
MoS stands for Motorways of the Sea (EU)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MoS
We have 281 other meanings of MoS in our Acronym Attic
- Moment of Silence
- Monitor Only Stations
- Monthly Oil and Gas Statistics (database)
- Monthly Operational Summary
- Morph Operating System
- Mother of Our Savior (Detroit, MI grade school, now defunct)
- Mother of Sorrows (New York Catholic school)
- Motion Omit Sound (TV term for silent film or tape)
- Motor Operated Switch
- Mountain Ocean Sea (Japanese burger chain)
- Movable Oil Saturation
- Mu Online Server
- Multi-Beam Optical Sensor
- Multi-Object Spectrograph
- Multi-Object Spectrometer
- Multifunctional Operator System
- Multimedia Operating System (First Virtual Corporation)
- Multiplex Out of Sync (Hekimian)
- Museum of Science (Boston, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As capital of the North East, Newcastle has excellent transport links allowing the team to travel easily around the world visiting and repairing the ships that sail the motorways of the seas.
The Shoots scheme would also be welcomed by the ports of Cardiff, Newport and Avonmouth as it lies up-river from the freight routes, cruise operations and the proposed EU motorways of the sea linking the Atlantic seaboard, North Sea and the Mediterranean.
The first part of the programme will focus on Motorways of the sea, with a maximum budget of EUR85m; River information services, with a maximum budget of EUR10m; air traffic management systems; and functional airspace blocks, which closed on 30 April 2010 with a maximum budget of EUR20m.
A number of projects are being implemented in an attempt to address this issue, most notably the EU Motorways of the Sea initiative.
Motorways of the Sea (MoS) - 15 projects selected, 78.
The EU seeks to reinforce the sector within the EFTA States by ensuring the appropriate development of important initiatives such as the Maritime Space without Barriers, the Motorways of the Sea or the forthcoming Strategy for Maritime Transport.
The project is partly financed by EU as a part of the TEN-T program Motorways of the sea and involves several public and private stakeholders on both sides of Kvarken.