CAPTION(S): MISSION: The Motor Gun Boat MGB314 on the escape run from the raid.
What does MGB stand for?
MGB stands for Motor Gun Boat
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MGB
We have 74 other meanings of MGB in our Acronym Attic
- Miller's Gas Bicycles (St. Louis, MO)
- Mills-Godwin Building (Old Dominion University; Norfolk, VA)
- Mini-GameBoy (gaming system)
- Mini-Gastric Bypass
- Minor Groove Binder (molecular biology)
- Missile Gunboat
- Mobile Garbage Bin
- Model of Goal-Directed Behavior
- Monolithic Glass Block
- Morris Garage Model B (vehicle)
- Mysterious Blue Guy
- Mines and Geo-Sciences Board of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (Philippines)
- Marquis Grissom Baseball Association, Inc.
- Marshall Girls Basketball Association (Minnesota)
- Midland Group Business Advisors (UK)
- Miniature Goat Breeders Association of Australia
- Missouri Guernsey Breeders' Association
- McGill Graduate Business Conference (Canada)
- Memoryless Gaussian Broadcast Channel
- Mountain Grove Baptist Church (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Even back then it was worth some pounds 100,000 (MM043 Just like Liverpool writer Nicholas Monsarrat's story The Ship That Died of Shame, this ex-RN Fairmile motor gun boat, Dawn Approach, was involved in smuggling.
Able Seaman Bill, aged 30, was killed by enemy fire as he manned a pom-pom gun on a motor gun boat in a near-suicidal mission in 1942 to destroy the German naval base at St Nazaire, six miles up the River Loire in France.