When sex scandals had rocked Hollywood in the early 1920s, the movie studios had formed the Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America to stop the bad publicity and supposedly make sure the films themselves were clean.
What does MPPDA stand for?
MPPDA stands for Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America (now Motion Picture Association of America)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MPPDA
We have 2 other meanings of MPPDA in our Acronym Attic
- Machine, Process, and Product Design (University of Alabama)
- Menlo Park Police Department (Menlo Park, CA)
- Minimal Persistent Pigment Dose
- Mt. Prospect Park District (est. 1955; Prospect, IL)
- Multi-Pathing Proxy Driver
- Multi-Pixel Photon Detector
- Multi-Purpose Peripheral Device
- Madison Park and Pleasure Drive Association (Lakeshore Nature Preserve; University of Wisconsin; Madison, WI)
- Medicine-Pediatrics Program Directors Association
- Motion Picture Producers & Directors Association
- Middle Peninsula Planning District Commission (Virginia)
- Macro-Porous Polymer Extraction (hydrocarbon removal system)
- Maximizing Participation Project Extension (Pennsylvania)
- Mean Percentage of Parenchymal Enhancement (radiology)
- Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption
- Multiple Posterior Pigment Epitheliopathy (ophthalmology)
- Marine Pollution Prevention in the East Asian Seas
- Michigan Pulp and Paper Environmental Council (Michigan Forest Products Council; Lansing, MI)
- Material Potentially Presenting An Explosive Hazard
- Missouri Program Performance Evaluation & Reporting System