Also featured is Toxteth mum Paula Ogungboro, a well-known campaigner in the city, who launched her own branch of the charity Mothers Against Guns after her 25-year-old son Eugene was shot dead at a house party in 2003.
What does MAG stand for?
MAG stands for Mothers Against Guns (England)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAG
We have 280 other meanings of MAG in our Acronym Attic
- Minimum Annual Guarantee
- Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganaderia (Ecuador)
- Mission Area Group
- Mission Assurance Guidelines
- Mitrailleuse d'Appui General (Belgian machine gun)
- MNC Allotment Group
- Mobile Access Gateway
- Modeling and Analysis Group (various organizations)
- Monitor Action Group (Namibia)
- Morton Ann Gernsbacher (psychology)
- Mothers and Men against Gangs (California)
- Motorcycle Action Group
- Mouvement pour les Assises de la Gauche (French: Mouvement for the Conference of the Left, Senegal)
- Museums, Archives and Galleries
- Mutual Assistance Group
- Myelin-Associated Glycoprotein
- Magnetic North Declination
- Motorcylist Action Group - The Netherlands
- Marine Aircraft Group 33 (USMC)
- Magnetic Media for Future Ultra-High-Density Information Storage
Samples in periodicals archive:
The decision has sparked outrage, with Mothers Against Guns condemning the singer's actions in a statement.
A spokesman for Mothers Against Guns said: "Madonna and her dancers using these replica guns was always in bad taste but given what happened in Colorado it is even worse.
She founded Mothers Against Violence in Leeds, and had close links with campaign groups Mothers Against Guns and Mothers Against Murder and Aggression.
Mary Kelly, of pressure group Mothers Against Guns, is still awaiting justice for her son, who in 2004 was Merseyside's youngest gun victim until Rhys took that grim distinction.
Michelle Forbes of campaign group Mothers Against Guns - whose son Leon was shot dead - said: "I'm astounded that a big organisation can produce a pair of trainers on the back of people's grief to make money.
Groups taking part include Mothers Against Guns and Mothers Against Murder and Aggression.