Martha was a member of Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, it's Golden Years and Mother of Sorrows Associations and a member of the Froshinn Club in Shrewsbury.
What does MOS stand for?
MOS stands for Mother of Sorrows (New York Catholic school)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MOS
We have 280 other meanings of MOS in our Acronym Attic
- Modine Operating System (Modine Manufacturing Co.)
- Modulated Orthogonal Sequence
- Mom over Shoulder (texting; aka Mother over Shoulder)
- Moment of Silence
- Monitor Only Stations
- Monthly Oil and Gas Statistics (database)
- Monthly Operational Summary
- Morph Operating System
- Mother of Our Savior (Detroit, MI grade school, now defunct)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mother of Sorrows by Richard McCann (Pantheon, $20): A deft collection of intertwined short stories by a much-admired Washington, D.
Visiting the Mother of Sorrows Chaldean Catholic Church in Baghdad just as the last recipients were carrying away their parcels, Rick talked to Abd-El-Ahad Sa'eed who lives near the parish on the other side of the Tigris River.
Her closed eyelids glow red as veined petals of tulips held to light, tulips she swiped from the flickering altar at the feet of the Virgin Our Mother of Sorrows, forced blossoms, waxy offerings lifted from someone'e else's God on a dare.
She is both the cause of our joy and the mother of sorrows.