MANCHESTER City face the mother of all battles to reach the knockout phase of the Champions League after being drawn in the toughest of the groups in Europe's top club competition.
What does MOAB stand for?
MOAB stands for Mother of All Battles
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MOAB
We have 17 other meanings of MOAB in our Acronym Attic
- Mother of All Auction Searches
- Military Officers Association of America Scholarship Fund
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (NANA)
- Marketing Order Administration Branch
- Massive Ordnance Air Blast (US DoD munition)
- Massive Ornary Air Blimp (gaming; Bloons Tower Defense 3)
- Microsoft Application Bridge
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Month of Apple Bugs (Mac security problems)
- Mother of All Bailouts (humor)
- Mother of All Bloons
- Mother of All Blowers (Automotive Supercharger)
- Mother of All Bombs (slang for the MOAB weapon)
- Mother Of All Buffets
- Motorised Air-Break (type of switch used in electricity distribution systems)
- Mother of All Buying Opportunities (finance slang, specifically the equities markets)
- Maine Outdoor Adventure Club (est. 1989; Portland, ME)
- Making of a Champion (Richmond, VA)
- Message Origin Authentication Check
- Microsoft Official Academic Course (training program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Saddam Hussein, when it was over, said he had fought the mother of all battles and President George Herbert Walker Bush was gone, Margaret Thatcher was gone, and he was still in office.
He said: "There is a mother of all battles brewing between the Liberal Democrats and Labour.
Of course, Saddam's heroic pretensions are especially visible in the grand edifices, like the Mosque of the Mother of All Battles, that he built to honor his grandiosity.
Saddam may have lost the mother of all battles,but could win the mother of political battles by having Bush and Blair outsed from office and the UN blasted out of Iraq.
military forces gained control over Basra and began searching the Mother of All Battles Branch of Iraq's ruling Baath party, they found thousands of documents revealing details about life in Iraq under Hussein.
In his work, Claire As The Mother Of All Battles, he is seen wearing an East European folk dress with embroidered images, while carrying a semi-automatic weapon.
But if long-term research changes our understanding of radiation dangers, the wireless industry will have the mother of all battles on its hands.