Quantification is based on a classical, most probable number (MPN) format.
What does MPN stand for?
MPN stands for Most Probable Number (microbiology method)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPN
We have 84 other meanings of MPN in our Acronym Attic
- Mission Packet-Switch Network
- Missouri Political News
- Mobil Producing Nigeria
- Mobile Private Network
- Mobility Position Number
- Mode Partition Noise
- Modular Personal Network (Celume)
- Modulatory Proctolin Neuron
- Molex Premise Network (various locations)
- More Productive Now! (blog)
- MSE Packet Network
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasm
- Marshall Park Neighborhood Association (Portland, OR)
- Master of Public and Nonprofit Administration (graduate studies program; various locations)
- Melrose Park Neighbors Association (Cheltenham, PA)
- Miller Park Neighborhood Association (Seattle, WA)
- Monticello Park Neighborhood Association (San Antonio, TX)
- Mount Pleasant Neighborhood Alliance (Washington, DC)
- Mount Prospect National Bank (Mount Prospect, IL)
- Maxwell Park Neighborhood Council (Oakland, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most probable number of bacteria (per g of soil) was estimated according to 3-tube MPN table (Fig.
Used in conjunction with the Most Probable Number (MPN) technique and in accordance with ISO 11866-1:2005, Modified Lauryl Sulphate Tryptose Broth with MUG & Tryptophan (ISO) allows presumptive E.
After first treating samples to remove vegetative cells, DRCM is used with the Most Probable Number (MPN) method to determine Clostridia content per volume of sample.
Used with the most probable number technique Kanamycin Aesculin Azide broth enables the enumeration of Enterococci in food.
Lab M's Modified Lauryl Sulphate Tryptose Broth with MUG & Tryptophan (ISO) is designed specifically for this purpose, enabling the presumptive enumeration of Escherichia coli from milk and milk products using the Most Probable Number (MPN) technique according to ISO 11866-1:2005.
Lab M's new Modified Lauryl Sulphate Tryptose Broth with MUG & Tryptophan (ISO) is designed for the presumptive enumeration of Escherichia coli from milk and milk products using the Most Probable Number (MPN) technique according to [SO 11866-1:2005.
Used in conjunction with the Most Probable Numbers (MPN) technique, Modified Lauryl Sulphate Tryptose Broth (ISO) is used as a confirmatory test for lactose fermentation and gas production for presumptive coliforms.