Yet it must not be forgotten that home-buyers were also receiving help from the Treasury in the form of mortgage interest relief at source (MIRAS), which offered valuable tax relief for the hard-pressed.
What does MIRAS stand for?
MIRAS stands for Mortgage Interest Relief At Source
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MIRAS
- Meridian Integrated Recorded Announcement (Nortel networks)
- Miniature Infrared Analyzer (Thermo Environmental Instruments, Inc.)
- Minimal Invasive Radiological Assisted Necrosectomy (dead tissue removal surgery)
- Ministério de Intercessão Restaurando a Noiva (Brazil)
- Modified Indicative Routes and Navigation
- Mining Innovation, Rehabilitation and Applied Research Corporation (Sudbury, Ontario, Canada)
- Manpower Information Retrieval and Reporting System (US Army)
- Microwave Imaging Radiometer by Aperture Synthesis
- Mobile Interactive Remote Activated Solutions
- Mobile Interactive Remote Activated System
- Multiple Isomorphous Replacement with Anomalous Scattering (organic chemistry)
- MILPERCEN Initial Recruiting And Training
- Malaysian Inland Revenue Board (taxation)
- Master of International Research Bioethics (degree; Australia)
- Molecular Indicators Research Branch (US EPA)
- Mutual Insurance Rating Bureau
- Mini-Inventory of Right Brain Injury (screening test)
- Magnetic-Ink Character Recognition (banking)
- Management Information Report Control (Legalmaster software)
- Mardam-Bey's Internet Relay Chat
Samples in periodicals archive:
Miras, which stands for Mortgage Interest Relief at Source, was scrapped on April 5, 2000.
With effect from last Thursday, April 6, the Chancellor has withdrawn MIRAS tax relief - Mortgage Interest Relief At Source - which was available on the first pounds 30,000 of your loan.
He says ending MIRAS - Mortgage Interest Relief at Source - will slow down the housing boom .
But homeowners are likely to be hit in the pocket with a cut or even abolition of MIRAS, Mortgage Interest Relief at Source.
Mortgage Interest Relief At Source (MIRAS) is 15 per cent, which would apply to all of the pounds 12,000.
This stands for Mortgage Interest Relief At Source.