Included in the Obama administration's fiscal year 2012 budget proposal, the Federal Housing Administration said it plans to increase its annual mortgage insurance premium (MIP) by a quarter of a percentage point on all 30-year and 15-year loans insured by FHA.
What does MIP stand for?
MIP stands for Mortgage Insurance Premium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MIP
We have 380 other meanings of MIP in our Acronym Attic
- Model Installation Program
- Modernization Investment Plan
- Mold in Place
- Molecular Imprint Polymer
- Molecular Ionization Potential
- Monitoring Implementation Plan
- Monthly Income Plan
- Monthly Investment Plan
- Moon Impact Probe
- Mortgage in Possession
- Most Important Person
- Most Important Player
- Most Improved Player
- Most Innovative Products
- Mount Indicator Panel
- Movimiento Indígena Pachakuti (Bolivia, Pachakuti Indigenous Movement)
- Multi-Annual Indicative Programme
- Multichannel Interface Processor (Cisco)
- Multilateral Interoperability Program
- Multim In Parvum
Samples in periodicals archive:
When the new Congress finally gets down to business next year, it could be asked to intervene in a surprise issue that pits homeowners against the IRS: Should the private mortgage insurance premiums paid monthly by about 5 million homeowners be deductible on federal tax returns, just like mortgage interest?
Martinez has announced that the administration will seek a separate appropriation for the program--which could take months--and is plannin g to raise mortgage insurance premiums on these loans.