MIRA, PHILIPPINES * The goverment of President Benigno Aquino and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front signed a landmark peace agreement Oct.
What does MILF stand for?
MILF stands for Moro Islamic Liberation Front (Muslim group; Philippines)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MILF
We have 4 other meanings of MILF in our Acronym Attic
- Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System 2000
- Make It Last Forever
- Man I Like Fragging (Counter Strike gaming clan)
- Man I Love Fishing
- Man I Love Football
- Man I Love Fridays
- Many Islands, Low Fares (Spirit Airlines promotion)
- Midnight Institution of Lazy Frisbee (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
- Milk is Liquid Funk (band)
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (comedy club; Walt Disney World)
- Mother I'd Like to Find (polite form)
- Major Internet League of Fantasy Hockey
- Manchester Irish Language Group (UK)
- Milli Gemi Projesi (National Ship Project, Turkey)
- Military Group
- Ministry of Local Government and Regional Administration (Tanzania)
- Michigan League for Human Services
- Medical Industry Leadership Institute (Carlson School of Management; University of Minnesota)
- Meeting Industry Ladies Invitational (California)
- Metronet Information Literacy Initiative (St. Paul, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
| WASHINGTON, Oct 16 (KUNA) -- The United States welcomes the signing of the Framework Agreement between the Philippines government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front in the presence of Philippines President Benigno Aquino and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, the State Department announced on Monday night.
The agreement would see the establishment of a new semi-autonomous Muslim area in the resource-rich southern Philippine region of Mindanao, which the 12,000-strong Moro Islamic Liberation Front regards as its ancestral homeland.
Irish Foreign Minister Micheal Martin insisted no ransom was paid to his kidnappers, believed to be a splinter group of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
Hostilities erupted this year in Mindanao, the second largest island, when government militia attacked the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).
10 Kyodo Philippine government peace negotiators and secessionist rebels of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) signed agreements on Wednesday reactivating a cease-fire committee and recognizing two main MILF camps on Mindanao Island.