On Thursday, the Philippine Government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front signed a peace agreement that brings an end to the conflict on the second largest island in the Philippines, Mindanao.
What does MILF stand for?
MILF stands for Moro Islamic Liberation Front (Muslim group; Philippines)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MILF
We have 4 other meanings of MILF in our Acronym Attic
- Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System 2000
- Make It Last Forever
- Man I Like Fragging (Counter Strike gaming clan)
- Man I Love Fishing
- Man I Love Football
- Man I Love Fridays
- Many Islands, Low Fares (Spirit Airlines promotion)
- Midnight Institution of Lazy Frisbee (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
- Milk is Liquid Funk (band)
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (comedy club; Walt Disney World)
- Mother I'd Like to Find (polite form)
- Major Internet League of Fantasy Hockey
- Manchester Irish Language Group (UK)
- Milli Gemi Projesi (National Ship Project, Turkey)
- Military Group
- Ministry of Local Government and Regional Administration (Tanzania)
- Michigan League for Human Services
- Medical Industry Leadership Institute (Carlson School of Management; University of Minnesota)
- Meeting Industry Ladies Invitational (California)
- Metronet Information Literacy Initiative (St. Paul, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, Jumada I 27, 1435, Mar 28, 2014, SPA -- The United States congratulated representatives of the Philippine government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) for signing the comprehensive agreement on the Bangsamoro on Thursday.
Jorge Madlos, spokesman of the National Democratic Front (NDF) in Mindanao said that while the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) sees the success of its peace process with the central government in Manila, the triumph will not last long as it won't be long before the southern main island reverts to a state of conflict.
We commend the Government of the Philippines and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front leadership for their hard work and unwavering commitment to a better future, as well as Malaysia for its longstanding role as facilitator of the negotiations," the State Department said in a statement.
Moro Islamic Liberation Front Peace Panel Chief Mohagher Iqbal (L) exchanges documents with Philippine government chief peace negotiator Marvic Leonen (R) after signing a peace deal at the Malacanang palace in Manila on October 15.
This framework agreement paves the way for a final and enduring peace in Mindanao," Aquino said, referring to the southern third of the Philippines that the Moro Islamic Liberation Front regards as its ancestral homeland.
It is also a member of the international contact group for the peace talks with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
Kuala Lumpur, April 10 (BNA) -- Malaysian Ministry said today that the Philippines government and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) need to find the best solution so that a peace settlement agreement that was supposed to have been signed in 2008, to proceed quicklier.