Red-tailed hawks come around now in search of morning doves for which my yard has become a routine foraging stop.
What does MODO stand for?
MODO stands for Morning Dove (bird species Zenaida macroura)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MODO
- Modify Master Process
- Modular Medical
- Modification Management Information System (US Navy)
- Miejskiego Osrodka Doskonalenia Nauczycieli (Polish: Municipal Teachers' Center of Excellence)
- Mid-Ohio District Nurses Association
- MO&DSD Operational/Development Network
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Magic Online Digital Object (Magic the Gathering, game)
- Main Office District Office (US DOL)
- Models of Decision and Optimization (research group; University of Grenada; Grenada, Spain)
- Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing (Marvel Comics)
- Mobile Organism Designed Only for Killing (Marvel Comics)
- Mobile Doppler SODAR
- Missouri Department of Transportation
- Ministry of Defence Police (UK)
- Ministry of Defence Production (Pakistan)
- Modern Programming Practice
- Modular Exponential
- Moving Object Detection Program (astronomy)
- Muamalat Officer Development Program (Bank Muamalat Indonesia; Papua, Indonesia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Morning dove densities did not differ by diel period.
and Browning/Duke LLC announced today that they are jointly donating more than 14 acres of land in AllPoints at Anson to Morning Dove Therapeutic Riding, Inc.
More than 90 percent of the forest is not easily accessible to the public and there are still many pristine areas: Groves of yellow ponderosa at Big Cienega Springs; chaparral yucca jutting from the snow in the winters at Upper Tujunga; Lewis Falls cascading into a gorge; lupine, wild mustard and lipstick-red snow plants painting the landscape; great-horned owls, morning doves and white-breasted nuthatches hopping from tree to tree.
White-winged and morning doves are plentiful in the summer and early fall, and hunters are allowed by law to kill as many as 40 doves per day.
A runway sweep by base operations personnel revealed six dead morning doves.
In the woods, I've watched a pileated woodpecker hollowing out a tall pine snag, a hummingbird performing a delicate operation on a red hibiscus, a young male cardinal attracting attention to himself, and a morning dove that alighted on my head while I was mixing cement with a hoe, for a stone wall I was making.
Added eight more wild bird traps for a total of 10 traps to catch sparrows, finches, morning doves and migratory birds.