The Moon Impact Probe -- which was dropped from Chandrayaan- 1 to hit the lunar surface -- had provided clues about the presence of carbon dioxide in the lunar atmosphere.
What does MIP stand for?
MIP stands for Moon Impact Probe
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIP
We have 379 other meanings of MIP in our Acronym Attic
- Mobility/Mobilization Improvement Program
- Model Improvement Plan/Program
- Model Installation Program
- Modernization Investment Plan
- Mold in Place
- Molecular Imprint Polymer
- Molecular Ionization Potential
- Monitoring Implementation Plan
- Monthly Income Plan
- Monthly Investment Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
He added that the moon impact probe picked up strong signals of water.
Though, we have moon impact probe it was sent during the 25 minutes period only.
The Moon Impact Probe was one of the 11 payloads of the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft, a space agency statement said.
ISRO chairman Madhavan Nair said the first instrument to detect water was the Moon Impact Probe ( MIP), which bore the image of the Indian tricolour and crashed into the moon soon after Chandrayaan went into orbit.