3) Thyroglobulin contains 140 tyrosine residues and serves as the matrix to which reactive iodine is attached to form monoiodotyrosine (MIT) and diiodotyrosine (DIT).
What does MIT stand for?
MIT stands for Monoiodotyrosine (amino acid)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIT
We have 369 other meanings of MIT in our Acronym Attic
- Mishap Investigation Team (NASA)
- Mission Integration Team (NASA)
- Mitanni (linguistics)
- Mitigation Instrument Tree
- Mobile Intelligent Terminal
- Mobile Internet Toolkit (Microsoft)
- Mobile Interrogation Team
- Module Integration Test
- Moodalakatte Institute of Technology (Karnataka, Kundapura, India)
- Most Important Task (organization)
- Mother In Training
- Movimiento Indio Tawantinsuyu (Spanish: Indian Movement Tawantinsuyu; Peru)
- MPF (Maritime Prepositioning Force) Information Tool
- Multifunction Instrument Tree
- Multiple Instrument Test
- Municipal Insurance Trust
- Murder Investigation Team (UK TV drama)
- Musical Instrument Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
3]), diiodothyronine, monoiodotyrosine, and tyrosine] was determined by running serial dilutions in the two thyroid hormone RIAs.
HPLC analysis of carboxypeptidase-digested iodination products revealed that they all contained a monoiodotyrosine on the C terminus and at least one other labeled tyrosine.