Taken together, our findings suggest that monoamine oxidase A deficiency leads to a general inability to appropriately assess contextual risk, as indicated by the inappropriateness of their defensive behaviors," said senior author Jean C.
What does MAOA stand for?
MAOA stands for Monoamine Oxidase A
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAOA
We have 5 other meanings of MAOA in our Acronym Attic
- Mono Amine Oxidase
- Motivation Ability Opportunity (consumer behavior)
- Move as One
- Multiple Acronym Overload
- My Arrogant Opinion
- Meteorological Aspects of Ocean Affairs
- Michigan Association for Openness in Adoption
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Mid-Atlantic Opel Association
- Minority Apartment Owners Association (Los Angeles, CA)
- MSE Acceptance Operation Agreement
- Multi-AOR Operating Area (Ballistic Missile Defense System)
- Martian Atmosphere Observation and Modeling
- Master of Arts in Organizational Behavior (various schools)
- Monoamine Oxidase Type B (Parkinson's disease medication)
- Maritime Air Operations Centre (Royal Air Force, UK)
- Maritime Analysis and Operations Centre (EU)
- Master of Arts in Organizational Change (Hawaii Pacifics University; Honolulu, HI)
- Media Alliance Orange County (California)
- Mid-America Orchid Congress (botany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Individual differences in the gene for monoamine oxidase A, or MAOA, proved critical for maltreated boys tracked up to age 26, the scientists report in the Aug.
Washington, June 17 (ANI): Other than loss of estrogen, an increase in levels of enzyme, called monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) in the female brain after giving birth, is what causes baby blues or postpartum depression.
Monoamine oxidase A is an enzyme that breaks down important neurotransmitters in the brain, including dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin.