Internet rumours claim Mr Brown is taking mono amine oxidase inhibitors - an alternative to Prozac.
What does MAO stand for?
MAO stands for Mono Amine Oxidase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAO
We have 105 other meanings of MAO in our Acronym Attic
- Maximum Allowable Outage
- Med Andra Ord
- Medical Administrative Officer
- Medicare Advantage Organization (insurance)
- Methyl Aluminoxane
- Mid America Oireachtas (Irish dance)
- Mid-Atlantic Ocean
- Middelbaar Agrarisch Onderwijs
- Miss America Organization
- Modified Audit Opinion
- Motivation Ability Opportunity (consumer behavior)
- Move as One
- Multiple Acronym Overload
- My Arrogant Opinion
- Meteorological Aspects of Ocean Affairs
- Michigan Association for Openness in Adoption
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Mid-Atlantic Opel Association
- Minority Apartment Owners Association (Los Angeles, CA)
- Monoamine Oxidase A
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are four types of anti-depressants: Tricyclics, such as Tryptizol (the cheapest, as you'll see from our guide on the right) and Anafranil; Mono amine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), such as Nardil and Parnate; Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Prozac and Lustral (the most expensive); and Serotonin and Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs), such as Efexor.
A Some anti-depressants called Mono Amine Oxidase inhibitors react violently with foods like cheese, Marmite or red wine containing the chemical Tyramine and none should be taken with alcohol.