Rather, monetary policy accommodation, coupled with robust underlying growth in productivity, is providing ongoing support to economic activity.
What does MP stand for?
MP stands for Monetary Policy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MP
We have 205 other meanings of MP in our Acronym Attic
- Missouri Pacific (railroad)
- Mitsubishi Plastics (Japanese chemical company)
- Mobilization Plan
- Modernization Plan
- Modified Permit
- Modplug (music software)
- Modulation Parameter
- Module Processor
- Modus Ponens
- Moeller-Plesset (perturbation theory - quantum chemistry)
- Monetary Precision
- Money Purchase (type of qualified retirement plan)
- Moneypenny (Jane Moneypenny, fictional James Bond character)
- Monitoring Plan
- Monitoring Point
- Monkey Productions (gaming site)
- Monterey Peninsula (Central California)
- Montgomery Pfeifer (design firm; San Francisco, CA)
- Monthly Payment
Samples in periodicals archive:
The modern view of the limits and power of monetary policy is that its main role is to achieve and maintain a low and stable inflation rate.
This has led some to insist that there was no liquidity trap in Japan, and that despite the zero-interest-rate policy, monetary policy made an important contribution to the expansion.
Mishkin (*) From the beginning of my academic career, my research has always been driven by an interest in the role of monetary policy in the economy, even when it dealt with somewhat different topics such as econometric technique or financial instability and banking issues.
We are in danger of assigning to monetary policy a larger role than it can perform," said the supreme monetarist Milton Friedman in 1968.