The Sound Alert Monaural Headphone ($44) has an exterior red warning light that signals when the headphone is playing audio above 85 decibels, the maximum level recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
What does MONO stand for?
MONO stands for Monaural
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MONO
We have 1 other meaning of MONO in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry of National and Higher Education (Morocco)
- Monitoring of Trends and Determinants in Cardiovascular Disease (WHO study)
- Motilal Nehru Institute of Research Business Administration (India)
- Mini Cooper Owners of New Jersey
- Missouri Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Movement for National Land and Agricultural Reform (Sri Lanka)
- Maatschappij voor Oude en Nieuwe Media (Society for Old and New Media; Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Mint on Near Mint Card (collectibles)
- Multiobjective Optimization Neural Network
- Mensa of Northeastern New York
- Monocacy National Battlefield (US National Park Service)
- Mononucleosis (aka kissing disease)
- Mobile Noise Barge
- Monolithic Integration beyond 26.5 GHz
- Advanced Integrated Macrocell-Based Graphics Rendering System with the PowerPC
- Monitor Resumed Normal Operation
- Mobile Node Logistics and Industrial Network
- Metal Oxide Nitride Oxide Semiconductor
- Metal/Oxide/Nitride/Oxide/Silicon (physics)
- Molecular Nano-Optics and Spins
Samples in periodicals archive:
The DAV-DZ110 manages automatic sound adjustment with a monaural microphone set on the listener's position which measures the distance from each speaker's test tone.
Each model includes a clip headset, two monaural headband headsets (one of which can double as a clip headset), a binaural headset, and a three-in-one solution in which a monaural headset can be used with either a headband or a dummy ear cushion or can be converted to a clip headset.
Don't be put off by this set's dry, but decent, monaural sound; Stravinsky's conducting of his own works has a distinct clarity, pulse, and tension, and these are exciting performances (with the Cleveland Orchestra) of Pulcinella, Symphony in C, the suite from L'Histoire du Soldat, and the Octet for Wind Instruments.
These data suggest that blind people haven't learned that and keep monaural cues as the dominant cues," says Eric I.
Of course, it's monaural but, oh, what glorious monaural