Come to think of it, preserving mom and pop shops, regardless of changes in market conditions, economic realities and technological advancements might just be a good idea.
What does M&P stand for?
M&P stands for Mom and Pop
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of M&P
- Manpower & Personnel
- Manufacturing and Producibility
- Master & Prototype (IRS)
- Materials and Processes
- Meat & Potatoes
- Melt and Pour (soap making)
- Methods & Procedures
- Military & Police (Smith & Wesson)
- Military and Police
- Model & Play
- Monitoring & Performance
- Maintainability & Reliability
- Maintenance & Rehabilitation (pavement management)
- Maintenance & Repair
- Maintenance and Refurbishment
- Manipulation and Reduction (orthopedics)
- Meter and Relay Diagram
- Metering and Regulating
- Methods and Resource Teacher (Canada)
- Møre Og Romsdal (Norwegian province)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mom and Pop shops are facing the same plight as the Mama stores.
Needless to say, the neighborhood mom and pop shop owners were usually not keen to give their consent to the opening of large, modern, clean stores, often with on-site parking, longer hours and selling a greater variety of products less expensively than mom and pop ever could.
Losing these mom and pop forests would mean more than just a change in the way our land-scape appears.
It is true that some Mom and Pop stores have been relegated to the side streets and less expensive neighborhoods, but this number is less than expected.