KARACHI, July 23 -- Targeted killings claimed five more lives on Thursday as two activists of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), one of the Mohajir Qaumi Movement (MQM-H) and two Lyari gangsters were gunned down More than a dozen political activists have fallen victim to targeted killings in the city in the last three days severely affecting the law and order situation in various areas.
What does MQM stand for?
MQM stands for Mohajir Qaumi Movement (Karachi/Hyderabad, Pakistan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MQM
We have 44 other meanings of MQM in our Acronym Attic
- Malaysian Quality of Life Index
- Multicultural Quality of Life Index
- McMaster Quality of Life Scale
- Multi-Quality Layered Video Service
- Manager of Quality Management (various locations)
- Masters in Quality Management (various locations)
- McAfee Quarantine Manager (security software)
- Medallion Qualification Miles (Delta Skymiles)
- Medical Quality Management (US FEMA)
- Message Queuing Middleware
- Molecular Quantum Mechanics
- Muttahida Quami Movement (Pakistan)
- Muhajir Quami Movement (Altaf group)
- Muhajir Qaumi Movement (Haqiqi)
- Multiple-Quantum Magic-Angle Spinning
- Medicaid Qualified Medicare Beneficiary
- Message Queuing Markup Language
- Mas Que Mil Palabras (Spanish: A Thousand Words)
- Medical Quality Management System
- Medicare Quality Monitoring System (US DHHS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The dead included seven workers of the Mohajir Qaumi Movement (Haqiqi) and three of its rival fiction led by Altaf Hussein.
All the major political parties, including the Pakistan Muslim League, Pakistan People's Party and the Mohajir Qaumi Movement, have opposed the military government's idea of the district governments on the ground that it was an encroachment on the jurisdiction of the provincial government.
Both were associated with the party now known as Muttahida Qaumi Movement before it changed its original nomenclature of Mohajir Qaumi Movement.
According to Pakistani media reports, Umar asked Altaf Hussain - chief of the ethnic Mohajir Qaumi Movement (MQM) - to wind up his groups activities in the port city of Karachi.
Almost all of the regional parties, including Mohajir Qaumi Movement, Balochistan National Party, Jamhuri Watan Party, Jamiat-e- Ulema-e-Islam and the ANP abstained from voting or opposed declaring a state of emergency.
KARACHI, October 11, 2011 (Balochistan Times): A new case has been registered against Mohajir Qaumi Movement (Haqiqi) Chairman Aafaq Ahmed on Monday, officials said.
Karachi, October 11, 2011 (Frontier Star): A new case has been registered against Mohajir Qaumi Movement (Haqiqi) Chairman Aafaq Ahmed on Monday, officials said.