There are just 124 known cases of Moebius Syndrome in the UK.
What does MBS stand for?
MBS stands for Moebius Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MBS
We have 344 other meanings of MBS in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile Base Station
- Mobile Base System (International Space Station)
- Mobile Broadband System
- Mobile Remote Servicer Base System
- Model-Based Sonification (cognitive interaction technology)
- Model-Based Specification
- Modified Barium Swallow (diagnostic test)
- Modified Bishop Score (pregnancy)
- Modular Boot System (footware configured for different temperate zones)
- Modulated Backscatter Signal
- Mohammed Bin Salman (Saudi Arabia Crown Prince)
- Molecular Bonded Shell (Knight Rider TV Show)
- Mom Behind Shoulder
- Monthly Billing Statement (various organizations)
- Mortgage-Backed Securitization
- Mortgage-Backed Security
- Motor Bus Society
- Mountain Board Sports
- Mountain Brook Schools (Alabama)
- Mounted Battle Space
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jack, from Doncaster, has moebius syndrome - an extremely rare disorder that paralyses muscles in his face.
The first ever Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day was held on Monday and was marked worldwide by various Moebius Syndrome communities and organisations.
People with Moebius Syndrome complain their face feels like a mask.
Doctors at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London told Sara that Rebekah had Moebius Syndrome or "The Mask" - a condition that affects just one in 300,000 babies and paralyses the facial nerves.
Max was born with Moebius syndrome, a cranial nerve disorder that causes facial paralysis, including an impaired ability to form words, make facial expressions or look from side to side.
They decided to support the charity after staff member Shirley Taylor's granddaughter Megan Blackwell was treated at the hospital for moebius syndrome, a condition affecting the brain stem.
There are only 1000 cases of Moebius Syndrome in the world, and each is a personal tragedy.