Modified early warning score charts to be adopted by all staff.
What does MEWS stand for?
MEWS stands for Modified Early Warning Score (NHS, hospital patients)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MEWS
We have 15 other meanings of MEWS in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile Elevating Work Platform
- Multiple Entry Work Permit (UK)
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources (Singapore)
- Ministry of Energy and Water Resources and Development (Zimbabwe)
- Malaria Early Warning System
- Microwave Electronic Warfare System
- Missile Early Warning Station
- Missile Electronic Warfare System
- Mission-Essential Weapon System
- Modified Early Warning System
- Motorcycle Enthusiasts of the Western Suburbs (Illinois)
- Multi-Service Electronic Warfare Support Group (NATO)
- Mobile Electronic Warfare Support System
- Mobile Electronic Warfare Support System - Product Improvement Program (USMC)
- Mobile Electronic Warfare Support System Product Improvement Program (US Marine Corps)
- Microelectronic Weld Tester
- Middle European Winter Time (GMT +1:00)
- Ministry of Environment, Wildlife and Tourism (Botswana)
- Mobile Electronic Warfare Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
Modified early warning score charts to be brought in at all hospitals.
6) The Modified Early Warning Score (MEWS) has not been formally validated as a triage tool but has been used as a rapid, simple triage method to identify medical patients needing hospital admission and those at increased risk of in-hospital death.