This study can frequently be used in lieu of the hospital based Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) study.
What does MBS stand for?
MBS stands for Modified Barium Swallow (diagnostic test)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MBS
We have 344 other meanings of MBS in our Acronym Attic
- Minimum Breaking Strain (equipment strength rating)
- Mission Base Staff
- Mission Bit Stream
- Missionaries of the Blessed Sacrament (USA)
- Mobile Base Station
- Mobile Base System (International Space Station)
- Mobile Broadband System
- Mobile Remote Servicer Base System
- Model-Based Sonification (cognitive interaction technology)
- Model-Based Specification
- Modified Bishop Score (pregnancy)
- Modular Boot System (footware configured for different temperate zones)
- Modulated Backscatter Signal
- Moebius Syndrome
- Mohammed Bin Salman (Saudi Arabia Crown Prince)
- Molecular Bonded Shell (Knight Rider TV Show)
- Mom Behind Shoulder
- Monthly Billing Statement (various organizations)
- Mortgage-Backed Securitization
- Mortgage-Backed Security
Samples in periodicals archive:
When screening indicated possible dysphagia, assessment via modified barium swallow was also carried out to assist in treatment decisions.
A properative modified barium swallow cofirmed aspiration with feeding consistencies.
Barium swallow was performed in 63% and modified barium swallow in 37%.
Speech pathologists and radiologists have developed procedures for modified barium swallow approaches, including positional and postural adjustments and various liquid and solid mediums, for optimal diagnostic value.
This study can frequently be used in lieu of the hospital based Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) study to determine swallow abilities of patients.