An Analysis of Auditing Environment and Modified Audit Opinions in China: Underlying Reasons and Lessons, International Journal of Auditing, 9: 165-185.
What does MAO stand for?
MAO stands for Modified Audit Opinion
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MAO
We have 105 other meanings of MAO in our Acronym Attic
- Maximum Allowable Offer (real estate)
- Maximum Allowable Outage
- Med Andra Ord
- Medical Administrative Officer
- Medicare Advantage Organization (insurance)
- Methyl Aluminoxane
- Mid America Oireachtas (Irish dance)
- Mid-Atlantic Ocean
- Middelbaar Agrarisch Onderwijs
- Miss America Organization
- Mono Amine Oxidase
- Motivation Ability Opportunity (consumer behavior)
- Move as One
- Multiple Acronym Overload
- My Arrogant Opinion
- Meteorological Aspects of Ocean Affairs
- Michigan Association for Openness in Adoption
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Mid-Atlantic Opel Association
- Minority Apartment Owners Association (Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When the auditor expresses a qualified or an adverse opinion, the auditor should amend the description of the auditor's responsibility to state that the auditor believes that the audit evidence the auditor has obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for the auditor's modified audit opinion.
Auditors are required to assess the company's directors' disclosures around the issues of going concern and to refer to any doubts directors may have in a modified audit opinion.